On Mother’s Day (May 12, 2013), I was going through pending comments and found marta87wink had nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you, Marta. I was astounded to say the least.
I already thanked Marta, but it took me almost a week to meet all the rules (see below). So, I present my official acceptance.
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.”
Here are the important Liebster rules!
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
- Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate for the Liebster Award.
- Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 Facts about Me
- Writing in longhand is my favorite way to “discover” things. This also frees me from having a particular place to write.
- I wrote a song when I was in the fourth grade.
- During high school, I dreamed of being an architect or a singer. I still often wish I had become an architect.
- I was born in Chicago in February, 1960. But, my parents moved to Kentucky when I was four.
- Researching is actually enjoyable to me. I’m also working on my genealogy.
- I always took copious notes in school. Sometimes, I fell behind because I was trying to write everything down.
- Seven is my favorite number and yellow is my favorite color.
- I married my college sweetheart in 1983 and we’re staying together “… til death do you part.”
- My husband and I have a son who was born in 1987.
- I was 12 or 13 when my parents separated and they had five children at the time. Child # 6 came when I was 17 and child # 7 when I was 21.
- Notebooks and journals are my obsession, my precious. I have 25-30 in all different sizes.
Answers to Marta’s Questions
1. Why are you writing?
Writing is one of the few tools I know of where I can create anything I want to. It helps me figure out things and I find it healing.
2. Where do you look for inspiration?
Usually inspiration comes to me (sometimes in the middle of the night). When I need a little help, I read and/or research about my desired subject.
3. What is one thing that you regret most in your life?
My regrets are probably in the thousands and it’s extremely difficult to pick “one thing.”
4. What is one thing you are most proud of in your life?
I celebrated my 30th anniversary with my husband. We had some extremely rough patches, but we stayed together despite them.
5. Tell us one amazing thing that happened to you in the last month.
I found out my writers’ group is going to be in the local newspaper. I started it over five years ago with only four people and now we have 21 members.
6. Do you believe in magic?
Yes. I believe magic happens right in front of us every day.
7. If you could talk for 15 minutes with someone who is long dead, who would it be?
I would talk to my dad. He died from “complications of Alzheimer’s disease” in 2003, but he didn’t know anyone for about three years before that.
8. Do you have your favourite motivational quote? If so, tell us about it.
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ~ Thomas A. Edison
This quote tells us that you don’t fail unless you quit trying!
9. What is your favourite place to write?
My couch/sofa is where I most commonly sit to write my first draft. I often go through two or three edits in longhand as well.
10. Do you have a pet? If so what is its name?
Yes. I have a cat named Socks.
11. Who is your favourite writer of all times?
Can I only pick one? I guess I’d have to choose Kelley Armstrong.
My Five Nominees
Janine Russell (may be a pen name) at http://sitdownatatypewriterandbleed.wordpress.com/about/. My very first re-blog was her post “An Amateur Blogger’s Tips For Creating A Better-Than-Amateur Blog” and is excellent advice.
Matt, the only male on the list (I think), at http://mattsden101.wordpress.com/about/ also writes a terrific blog.
11 Questions for My Nominees:
- When did you begin writing — other than for a school/college assignment?
- What type(s) of writing do you participate in (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, etc.)? If more than one, what is your favorite?
- Fiction writers do you write fantasy, science fiction, mystery, mainstream or some combination thereof?
- Who is/are your favorite author(s)? Name up to five.
- Do you have a particular time to write or does it vary?
- What is your favorite writing related quote? Why?
- Are you a member of a writing and/or critique group? If no, have you thought about starting your own?
- Someone invents a time machine, but you can only go to the past to observe. What time period would you choose and why?
- When you’re not writing, what is your favorite hobby?
- Other than writing, do you participate in other artistic endeavors? If no, what do you want to try?
- Are you published (other than blogs)? If so, where?
- The Liebster Award Nomination – A Thank You (marta87wink.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award Nomination – A Thank You (mattsden101.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (sairyou.me)
- Liebster Award #3! (runningafterale.wordpress.com)
- I Got the Liebster Award! (media-ann-such.com)
- OFFICIAL Acceptance of My Liebster Award (lindathorlakson.wordpress.com)
- Happy Nominee of the Liebster Award! (madmanstwilight.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Awards (makedomama.wordpress.com)