I am taking part in a terrific writing class which is on-line and free. It’s called Write About Dragons. It’s taught by Brandon Sanderson who recently won two Hugo awards. Brandon has tons of knowledge to share and an excellent style of teaching. I hope some of you will join me in taking this class.
The measly 3,000-4,000 words I’ve posted for the forum is nowhere near the number I need. But, in my defense, these post are in addition to putting together a non-fiction book, managing Owensboro Writers Group and editing a short story for the growing writers’ group (see “Owensboro Writers’ Group is famous“). My posts are science-fiction and fantasy. You can see them at http://searchfordragons.com/?a_id=444&author_name=TheresaJewel, but I don’t know if you can read or critique them without joining the forum. If you do read and/or critique them, please comment below.
- Owensboro Writers Group is famous. (jewel.ammons.wordpress.com)
- Epic Fantasy Authors Have the Best Fans (ekumphrey.wordpress.com)
- Brandon Sanderson on Infinity Blade’s infinite story (tech.fortune.cnn.com)
- The Hugo awards: ‘beauty contest’ or prize of the people? (theguardian.com)
- [conventions] Hugos (jlake.com)
- 2013 Hugo Award Winners (dthomasminton.com)